Depleted uranium resources, references and links
The following is a list of references for the article, Depleted Uranium – a Legacy of Treason
• Depleted uranium: Dirty bombs, dirty missiles, dirty bullets, by Leuren Moret
• Depleted Uranium Shells, The Radioactive Weapons: Perpetuation of War Damage by Radiation (PDF) Prof. Katsuma Yagasaki Professor, University of the Ryukyus.
• Discussion on DU in Australian Senate, June 2003
• US Nuclear policy and Depleted Uranium: Testimony at the 28/6/2003 International War Crimes Tribunal on Afghanistan, by Leuren Moret
• Depleted Uranium101, by Glen Lawrence.
• Shoalwater Bay Photos, US Navy website,
What you can do?
- Dusk: Depleted uranium, Silent Killer
- IDUST. International Depleted Uranium Study Team
- Campaign Against Depleted Uranium (UK)
- Sea Swap. Lancellin bombing, Western Australia, DU.
- Irati Want. Site related to proposed nuclear dump in South Australia.
- Depleted Uranium Education Project
- Depleted Uranium: Hysteria or health threat? Anti Nuclear Alliance of Western Australia website
- WISE (World Information Service on Energy) Uranium Project.
- Map of Uranium mines and facilities in Australia:
DVDs, radio interviews, talks
- Blowin’ In The Wind, DVD by David Bradbury, Peter Scott. See review on this site
- The Doctor, the Depleted Uranium and the Dying Children. German documentary exposes current radioactive warfare in Iraq
- DU discussion with Leuren Moret and others, USA
- Dr. Doug Rokke, USA and
- What does the US government know about DU? By Leuren Moret
- Selected resources for Depleted Uranium information
- Depleted Uranium: Origin, properties, and health consequences, One of many articles/studies by Glen Lawrence, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
- The Depleted Uranium Project
- Depleted uranium and health: Facts and helpful suggestions
- ‘The Trail of a Bullet,’ Christian Science Monitor. www.
- Heads roll at Veteran’s Admin: Mushrooming DU scandal blamed, Bob Nichols, San Francisco Bay View, December 14, 2005. www.
- DU FAQ. What the Pentagon has to say
- Local troops victims of America’s high tech weapons. Juan Gonzalez, New York Daily News , April 2, 2004.
- Radioactive Wounds of War. Dave Lindorff, In These Times, August 25, 2005
- ‘Where and how much depleted uranium has been fired?’
- Depleted Uranium Weapons and Acute Post- War Health Effects: An IPPNW (International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War) Assessment.
- American Free Press four-part series on DU by Christopher Bollyn.
- – Part I: ‘Depleted Uranium: US commits war crime against Iraq, humanity,’
- – Part II: ‘Cancer epidemic caused by US WMD: MD says depleted uranium definitively implicated’
- – Part III: ‘DU Syndrome stricken Vets denied care: Pentagon hides DU dangers to deny medical care to Vets’,
- – Part IV: Pentagon Brass suppresses truth about Toxic Weapons: poisonous uranium munitions threaten world,
- Depleted Uranium: The Trojan Horse of Nuclear War. Leuren Moret: August 2004. World Affairs Journal.
- ‘Marin Depleted Uranium resolution heats up – GIs will come home to a slow death,’ Carol Sterrit: August 2004 Coastal Post Online.
- World Depleted Uranium Weapons Conference, Hamburg, Germany, October 16-19, 2004:
- International Criminal Tribunal for Afghanistan. Written opinion of Judge Niloufer Baghwat:
- Discounted Casualties: The human cost of Nuclear war. Series of articles. Akira Tashiro, foreword by Leuren Moret.
- Depleted uranium may stop kidneys ‘in days’, Rob Edwards, NewScientist.com , March 12, 2002
- The War Against Ourselves, Doug Rokke, YES! , Spring 2003.
- Science or Science Fiction? Facts, myths and propaganda in the debate over depleted uranium weapons, Dan Fahey, March 12, 2003.
- US Army Training Video: Depleted Uranium Hazard Awareness
- Extreme birth deformities of Iraqi children (Warning: these photos may distress viewers)
By Mark O’Brien
Share Depleted uranium resources with your friends on Facebook